Black Cardamom - बड़ी काली इलायची
Black cardamom, also known as hill cardamom, Bengal cardamom, greater cardamom, Indian cardamom, Nepal cardamom, winged cardamom, or brown cardamom, comes from either of two species in the family Zingiberaceae. Its seed pods have a strong, camphor-like flavor, with a smoky character derived from the method of drying.
Black Cardamom (बड़ी इलाइची) A warming spice, black cardamom is used more commonly in savory dishes. It has a smoky flavor which comes from the method of drying on a flame which also lends it a distinct aroma. This dried fruit is sold both as pods and seeds where the pods carry a higher flavor.
Benefits Of Black Cardamom
Benefits of Black Cardamom for Health:
Many of us still don’t have any idea about how black cardamom helps us in maintaining our health. The spice has a number of medicinal benefits and we must learn about them in order to make use of it as a natural remedy.
1. Gastro-Intestinal Health: Black cardamom has high positive impact on the gastro-intestinal tract. It can stimulate the gastric and intestinal glands to secret essential juices with the help of its stimulative properties. It also helps in regulating the procedure of juice secretion in order to keep the amount of stomach acids under control. As a result, the chances of developing gastric ulcers or other digestive disorders go down significantly. The spice is also helpful in curing heart burn and stomach cramps, which are two most common symptoms of gastro-intestinal disorders. Digestive properties of the substance are also very important to heal chronic constipation and improve appetite. In addition, being carminative in nature, black cardamom can give you relief from abdominal gas. It helps you get rid of indigestion as well as flatulence caused by it.
2. Cardiovascular Health: Black cardamoms also influences the cardiac health to a great extent. Controlling cardiac rhythm is one of its most important benefits, which eventually keeps your blood pressure under check. Your heart remains healthy with regular intake of black cardamom. It reduces the probabilities of blood clot. This spice is also very effective in protecting you from heat stroke or sun stroke during scorching summer.
3. Respiratory Health: If you are suffering from serious respiratory troubles, black cardamom can be a great antidote for you. A number of respiratory disorders including asthma, whooping cough, lung congestions, bronchitis, pulmonary tuberculosis etc. can be treated successfully with this little spice. It warms up your respiratory tract so that the air circulation through the lungs becomes easier. Moreover, black cardamom works as an expectorant and helps you stay away from cough, cold, sore throat etc. by alleviating the mucous membrane and normalizing the flow of mucous through the respiratory tract.
4. Oral Health: Several dental disorders, such as teeth infection, gum infection etc. can be treated with black cardamom. Furthermore, its strong aroma can help in curing halitosis or bad breath.
5. Urinary Health: Being an effective diuretic, black cardamoms can facilitate urination and keeps your renal system healthy.
6. Anti-Carcinogenic Properties: There are two antioxidants named 3’-Diindolylmethane (DIM) and Indole-3-Carbinol (I3C) in black cardamom, which combat breast, colon, prostate and ovarian cancer. The anti-carcinogenic properties of the spice also raise the amount of glutathione (an antioxidant) in the body and prevent the generation and growth of cancerous cells.
7. Detoxification: Studies have revealed that black cardamom is a good detoxifier for your body. It is capable of eliminating caffeine from the blood so that you can stay safe from the adverse effects of the alkaloid.
8. Anesthetic Properties: The oil extracted from black cardamom is highly anesthetic and sedative. It can curb acute pain like headache and provide immediate relief. The essential oil prepared from the spice is also used in eliminating stress and fatigue.
(above information source "https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/benefits-of-black-cardamom-for-skin-hair-and-health/#gref"